A road trip is always a good idea. So when the ladies of Femme Drive discussed a drive during Hispanic Heritage Month throughout South Florida, I packed my bags and jet set on over! On our drive, we’d be testing out fresh new 2023 Chevy models: Traverse, Trailblazer, and Tahoe. Perfect for our group and comfy for drive time.
More Reading: MIA Fest: an Electric Weekend with GM
Upon arrival, I picked up the 2023 Chevy Traverse.
I was traveling with my family so it was great to transport all of our luggage. We’re a small family of three but having that extra trunk space allowed all of our luggage to fit and when the trunk was empty my daughter loved tuning out back there. Teenagers just love their space
2023 Chevy Traverse Specs:
Starting at $45,045
- Color tested: Radiant Red Tintcoat
- 310 hp
- 3.6L V6 engine
- 17 city / 25 highway MPG
- USB ports in every row
- Seats up to 8
- Cargo Room: 23 ft³, 98.2 ft³ with seat down
- Chevy safety assist (auto emergency breaking, forward collision alert, front pedestrian braking, lane keep assist and more).
- 20-inch dark-painted aluminum wheels
There is so much to explore in South Florida.
And it’s filled with plenty of Hispanic culture. From traditional Cuban and PuertoRican cuisine to art, music and so much more. We went from Biscayne to Little Havana to South Beach and then drove to Del Rey and Boca Raton.
The great thing about a group drive is that we all get the opportunity to test out different cars.
We had a great time in the Chevy Tahoe. It’s so spacious and just perfect for road trips. All four of us fit comfortably plus two hubbies and a teen. If you’ve got a large crew, the Tahoe does not disappoint.
2023 Tahoe 4WD RST Specs:
- Model tested: $73,605
- Color tested: radiant red tintcoat
- Engine: 6.2L ecotec3 V8
- Fuel 16 mpg (14 city/18 highway)
- 9 speaker Bose audio system
- 22” black wheels
- Heated front powered bucket seats
The Trailblazer is a compact SUV with a nice sporty design. Perfect for the adventurous couple who enjoys weekend outings, small families, or anyone seeking out a small but sporty SUV. It’s loaded with safety, tech, and some convenient features like a heated steering wheel and front seats. It’s got a budget friendly price tag for those not looking to break the bank.
2023 Chevy Trailblazer RS Specs:
- Starting at $28, 895
- Fuel: 26 city / 30 highway mpg
- Bose 7-speaker audio system
- Chevrolet Infotainment 3 System with 7″ diagonal color touchscreen
- Heated driver and front passenger seats
- Heated Steering wheel
- ECOTEC 1.3L Turbo engine 155 hp
- Cargo Room: 25.3 ft³, 54.4 ft³ (with backseat down)
Femme Drive is all about diversity and unity. This mural perfectly aligns with our message.
In case you’re new here, Femme Drive is a group of female auto writers who banded together to create automotive content. We’re also a diverse group. You see, in the auto industry, women are a minority but even more-so, women from diverse backgrounds. And that’s why Femme Drive was created. Together, we go on drives, contribute content, cover events and feature other women. Follow along our journey on social media.
Until the next drive!