It’s ok to rest. In fact, it’s essential. And Lincoln gives us that gentle reminder. So naturally, the luxury car brand celebrates National Relaxation Day and I was glad to be a part of it. In fact, with my busy schedule these days, it was much needed!
More Reading: 2023 Lincoln Nautilus-Class and Performance
The day began with a shuttle into the city (in the all-new 2024 Lincoln Nautilus).
The ride there was quiet and comfortable, not to mention the massaging seats- and there were snacks. Plus, the aromatherapy was everything. Did you know that Lincoln now offers specially curated digital scents for the car. You can choose from three scents; Mystic Forrest, Ozonic Azure and Violet Cashmere.
We arrived at Casa Cipriani, an upscale hotel and restaurant with water views and old city charm in the iconic Battery Maritime Building, one of the last remaining Beaux-Arts style ferry terminals of the twentieth century.
View this post on Instagram
The stunning location was restored and designed by Thierry Despont. It features 47 guest rooms, with a number of individually decorated suites, each blending Cipriani’s elegant simplicity with maritime-inspired themes and curated art. The breathtaking views of the Statue of Liberty and the Brooklyn Bridge can be appreciated from this New York city gem.
Casa Cipriani also serves amazing dishes and houses a luxe spa and gym that can be reserved by non-members. If you’re into Yoga, I highly recommend a class there. I didn’t realize how out of shape I was until a day later when I realized how sore my body was- but in a good way!
Lincoln values the sense of sanctuary and wellness when it comes to customer experience.
“The space that surrounds you has an immense effect on your overall mood, temperament and how you feel,” said Kemal Curic, global design Director, Lincoln. “Crafting a space that goes beyond traditional – one that is a serene sanctuary, elevates the senses and impacts the clients mood daily – shows our job as designers is much more powerful than just designing cars.”
Here are some more ways Lincoln is making sure their sanctuary is felt during a drive and beyond.
- Sound- Lincoln uses unique symphonic chimes in the car. These chimes were recorded by Detroit Symphony Orchestra musicians.
- Comfort- The brand’s signature Perfect Position Seats offer massage, heating, and cooling. The seats can also be adjusted up to 30 different ways.
- Thoughtful design- A view of the horizon and vehicle as a third space. For example, the Nautilus interior offers a flowing space that’s maximize for ultimate comfort. The interior brings a sense of calm and peace which showcases Lincolns focus on horizontal design. There is balance and ariness within the cabin.
- Aroma- Auto Air Refresh helps keep the cabin fresh and clean. It filters out particles caused by dust, smoke, smog and allergens.
- Calm down- Lincoln collaborates with the Calm app (the no. 1 mental health app) to bring customers even more peace of mind, body and spirit.
- Experiences- Lincoln Access Rewards is a loyalty program that elevate ownership experience. When you purchase or lease a new vehicle, points can be earned and redeemed toward things such as services, spa days, curated experiences and more.